Friday 22 May 2015

#113 Bottle Banished: dreaming of Genie, C. L. Riley

#113 Bottle Banished: dreaming of Genie, C. L. Riley

This book was a lot more than I thought it would be and I loved it! It’s a book with so many levels, that it kept me hooked until the very last page with the storyline and characters growing and building to be more of an epic adventure than a love story. In short this book is definitely being added to my favourites and I do hope this is going to be a series since I have very much fallen in love with the characters; I will also be looking into more books by this author.

This book is a one that changes perspective so there are a lot of main characters, this list of main characters consist of Genie, Reid, Jinn Kuru (sorry I can’t get the accent above first ‘U’), Mark and Brad Sanchez. Genie is a genie, she has been locked inside her bottle for a while and when let out by Reid is more than willing to help his odd predicament and fall in love with him. Reid opens his friend Mark’s bottle and discovers Genie, a sexy woman who will wait on his every command and help him out of his alcohol soaked ways; he can’t help but fall in love with her. Jinn Kuru is by far my favourite character, I mean who wouldn’t fall for this big bad; Genie, Jinn is scorned by Genie’s rejection and has made it a mission to have her. Mark is the best friend of Reid and honestly this is the character that I had the most problems connecting to, until he falls for Genie’s sister that is. Brad Sanchez is a member of the FBI he is a problem for Genie and Reid for the majority of the book but swaps sides at the last minute. The main characters are a great mix and they all offer new things for the book and the storyline.

The secondary characters I felt most noteworthy are Cassie and Selena; the lack of female main characters means that the majority of the secondary characters are female to balance the story out and offer love interests. Cassie has links throughout the book with numerous characters; firstly she traps Jinn and blocks his powers, then it turns out she is Reid’s brother, she is absolutely crazy and hell bent on revenge but she is aa great character that I feel added a lot to the story. Selena is Genie’s sister who Mark falls for; she is a genie and a great addition to the book.

The storyline and pacing are superb as the storyline evolves the pacing is expertly done to allow time for character development and new information to come to light surrounding the storyline and the characters involved. I thought the storyline was brilliant and completely unexpected to me to be so in depth and gripping that I found it very difficult to put it down.

I really loved this book and look forward to reading more by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment