Sunday 21 June 2015

#119- #123 Others of Edenton box set 2, Brandy L Rivers

#119- #123 Others of Edenton box set, book 2.5- 5.5, Brandy L Rivers

#119- 2.5 Fated Love

This was a quick little intro on a new set of characters not spanning from the group that have been brought to Edenton previously which included Ness, Fallon and Ameythst. It brings in a whole new seeding place for characters to join Edenton from.

The main characters are Christian and Delilah, Christian is some kind of psychic and Delilah being quite normal until being turned into a werewolf. This book was only short so I didn't get as much of an intro to the characters as I would have liked but I have a feeling I'm going to learn more in the next book.

The secondary characters as said before in my reviews for this series are there however I'd like to reserve reviewing until I know or not whether they're going to have their own book.

The pacing and storyline in this book was just a great snippet of the goodness that may be to come in the next book.

4 stars.

#120- 3 Falling into place

I have to say I’m loving this series and the twists and turns offered in each book and that each book is completely different to the others. This book is split into two parts, the first part is about the past of the main characters and how they come to know each other and the second part is the present in Edenton where the main characters are still together but not in the way they want to be.

The main characters in this book are Liz, Tremaine and Robert; Liz and Tremaine are the characters introduced in the first part of this book, when Tremaine saves Liz from a terrible situation and since then has made it his personal mission to look after her. The two are undeniably attracted to each other however don’t see it themselves, even when everyone around them does. Robert is already involved in a physical relationship with Liz and the addition of Tremaine doesn’t seem to dissuade him in any way. The three engage on a physical relationship together and allow readers to really get to know the three main characters and allow them to bond together.

As always in this series there are many secondary characters however I am not going to review them because they will either have already been reviewed from a previous book or might be reviewed later on in a book of their own.

The pacing and storyline; I am being pleasantly surprised every time I start a  new book in this series due to the diverse characters and storylines to go with these characters. This book was a fantastic addition to the series offering a not seen before relationship between 3 characters rather than the 2 character relationships seen in other books.

4 stars an exciting read.

#121- 4 Breaking free

This is my favourite book in this series so far it is in my opinion on a completely different league with a brilliantly in depth storyline, fantastic characters. I found it to be a gripping book that pulled me in from the very first page and didn’t let me go until the last.

The main characters are Jamie and Devlin, Jamie has been featured in a few other books in this series meaning that I had very much been waiting for her story to come out. Devlin is a mysterious character who has only ever appeared to Jamie in a dream; that is until he travels to meet her in person. The two main characters surprise everyone around them as they learn that not only is Devlin real and related to Fallon but Jamie and Devlin are mates.

As always in this series there are many secondary characters however I am not going to review them because they will either have already been reviewed from a previous book or might be reviewed later on in a book of their own.

The storyline and pacing for this book I felt set it completely aside from other books in this series, this book is by far my favourite in the series so far probably because of the completely different storyline and characters.

This series just goes from strength to strength 5 stars for this book.

#122- 5 mending scars

This was my long waiting Dacia book and I was not disappointed with it coming in as my second favourite book in this series. In other series’ it would be around this book that I would be getting bored however I am by no means anywhere near being bored, just call me officially hooked on this series.
The main characters are Dacia and Preston, Dacia is a long featuring character in this book and has been my favourite character since pretty much the start so I was more than pleased when she finally got her own book and love interest. This book is very much a story of the growth of two long serving characters as they find each other as well as fight their demons. I thought this was very much a fantastic addition to the series and everything I wanted from a story about my favourite character.

As always in this series there are many secondary characters however I am not going to review them because they will either have already been reviewed from a previous book or might be reviewed later on in a book of their own.

The pacing and storyline were superb with their own and completely new and different storyline to others in the series. The pacing kept the book gripping and I could not put it down and the storyline meant that I was on the edge of my seat waiting and guessing what the outcome was going to be until the very last minute.

5 stars, a fantastic read

#123- 5.5 Labour of love

This was just a quick addition and honestly I’m not entirely sure where this fits into the series or whether we will be reading more from these characters although I would love to know where this couple end up in the long term.

The main characters are Darla and Tomahawk a couple who got together in the beginning of this series of books however due to strange circumstances Darla leaves. It leaves Tomahawk moody and a mess and Darla soon realises she is pregnant and misses Tomahawk desperately. That is when Darla’s mother intervenes and brings the two together at a masquerade ball. I would love to read more about these two and their kid so please bring out their book soon.

As always in this series there are many secondary characters however I am not going to review them because they will either have already been reviewed from a previous book or might be reviewed later on in a book of their own.

The storyline and pacing are great, especially for such a short book. I found that this book was excellently done having a beginning middle and end which I think is impressive for a short story. I also thought the storyline was very refreshing and easy to read, I found this book to be a great pit stop in the series.


A great short read 4 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment